Each year Nice attracts millions of tourists with its Mediterranean climate and easy-going lifestyle. The city enjoys an average of 2,700 hours of sunshine a year. In spring, the temperatures start to rise, the birds sing, the flowers bloom and the bees at the Hotel Florence Nice gather pollen to their hearts' content. This is the ideal time to visit Nice and see some of the biggest events on the French Riviera!
When the sunshine makes its comeback, the first warm rays illuminate the façade of the Hotel Florence Nice. Stay in one of the 52 top-quality rooms in our environmentally friendly hotel during your holiday on the French Riviera. Some Deluxe rooms have a private patio. This is a great spot to read, sunbathe or relax at the end of the day.
Take advantage of the ideal location of your 3-star hotel, right at the centre of the city and near the beaches on the Promenade des Anglais, to visit the main sights and the most beautiful gardens and parks in the city.
Terrace room Deluxe Hotel Florence Nice
Events in spring 2020 on the French Riviera
See some of the great sporting and cultural events on the French Riviera in spring 2020 during your stay at the Hotel Florence Nice:
- Nice International Half-Marathon – 19 April 2020: join the 10,000 runners crossing the finishing line on the Promenade des Anglais after 21.1 intense kilometres.
- Cannes International Triathlon – 26 April 2020: surpass your limits by taking part in the 7th year of this great sporting event. 2 km of swimming, 107 km of cycling and 16 km of running await you at the starting line on the legendary Croisette.
- Grand Prix de Monaco Historique – 8 and 10 May 2020: Just 30 minutes away from Nice by train, come and see this major international event for car racing fans on the most prestigious Formula 1 track.
- Cannes Film Festival – from 12 to 23 May 2020: head for the famous red carpet at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes for the 73th year of the International Film Festival.
- Long Night of Museums – 16 May 2020: come and experience all the richness and diversity of the exhibitions in some of the many Nice museums in the 16th year of this event.
- Ironman France Nice – 14 June 2020: spend an action-packed weekend taking part in the most famous triathlon on the French Riviera. On the programme: a 3.8 km swim in the Mediterranean Sea, 180 km of cycling in the Nice countryside and a 42.195 km running race.
- Semi-finals of the Top 14 – 19 & 20 June 2020: cheer on the 4 teams in the rugby Top 14 squaring off in the semi-finals at the Allianz Riviera Stadium.
Spring 2020 events on the French Riviera - Credit Ironman France Nice
The perfect places for a walk in the Nice sunshine
Spring is the ideal period to visit Nice in peace and quiet and to avoid the crowds of tourists flocking to the city in summer. It's the right time to enjoy a walk with your family, friends or your loved one and to experience some unforgettable moments.
A wide range of walks are accessible from the Hotel Florence Nice:
- Head forthe Cap de Nice and join up with the coastal path! After going through the Port of Nice, you pass La Réserve and Coco Beach before arriving at the path. You can then enjoy a seaside walk lasting 1 hour 30 minutes with a wide range of beautiful landscapes. This is the perfect spot for a picnic looking out to sea.
- The famous Promenade des Anglais is 7 kilometres long. You can enjoy it on foot, by bike or by Segway for even more fun. After the walk, give in to the temptation of a dip in the Mediterranean.
- Visit the Libération district starting with La Gare du Sud, a big indoor food market, then walk along Avenue Jean Médecin as far as Place Masséna. Take a stroll past the windows of the many shops and shopping centres in the city centre for an afternoon's shopping in the Nice sunshine!
- Succumb to the charm of Vieux Nice, just 5 minutes away on foot from the Hotel Florence Nice. Browse the stalls at the Flower Market in Cours Saleya, find some authentic souvenirs from Nice in the arts and crafts shops and lose yourself in the colourful little streets.
The French Rivera's green oasis, Nice has over 3,000 hectares of parks and gardens, including Phoenix Park, the Promenade du Paillon and the Colline du Chateau park. Spring is the ideal time to come here with your family. Your children can let of steam in an ideal setting with a wide range of specially created play areas.
The most beautiful walks to do under the Nice sun - Cours Saleya Flower Market - Credit Summer Hotels
Want to get to know the region of Nice better? Then set off to explore the Nice countryside from the Hotel Florence Nice, a 3-star green hotel. Opt for a bike as your ecological mode of transport and ride along one of the trails leading to the Nice wine region. This is a chance to taste a Bellet wine while soaking up the sunshine.
Take a flight to Nice and stock up on sunshine from the first days of spring and book your stay at the Hotel Florence Nice for an unforgettable spring holiday.